The College of Nursing admits students to the MSN to DNP–Family Nurse Practitioner Emphasis every summer. The application is available April 1st–March 31st for the following summer admission cycle. Application materials must be received by the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office, and official transcripts must be received by the UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies Office no later than March 31st to to be eligible for classes in summer.
Step 1 – Apply to the University
Complete the online UW System application and pay the $56 application fee at apply.wisconsin.edu.
Once completed, the application is sent electronically to UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies. The Graduate Studies office will review and forward the online application to the College of Nursing.
Application must be received by March 31st to be eligible for classes in summer.
Step 2 – Submit Transcripts
Ask your master’s degree institution to electronically send transcripts to UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies by March 31st.
Send electronically to:
We need an official, degree conferral transcript for your graduate degree:
- Official means the transcript is sent directly from the institution to UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies. Electronic transcripts are processed most quickly.
- While we prefer official transcripts for admission decision-making, we can use unofficial transcripts. If you are admitted, we require official transcripts before you begin taking classes. If you uploaded transcripts with your application we will use those unofficial transcripts. Otherwise, email unofficial transcripts to GradSchool@uwosh.edu.
- Degree-conferral means the transcript shows the name of the degree earned and the date it was awarded
You may send transcripts from all institutions.
- If you attended UW Oshkosh, you do not need to send UWO transcripts
- If you previously applied to UW Oshkosh, we will use transcripts on file
- If you attended UW Fond du Lac or UW Fox Valley before Fall 2019, you need to request transcripts
- If you are currently finishing your master’s degree, send a current transcript now and an official degree conferral transcript when you complete your degree
- If you have more than one master’s degree, send transcripts for the degree most relevant to your doctoral degree
Step 3 – Submit Supplemental Materials
Applicants must mail items A and B directly to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office or send via email to email@example.com.
College of Nursing Graduate Program–FNP Emphasis
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh WI, 54901
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, please email all application items listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Upon admission to program, applicants must complete a full background check with associated fees. Background checks are not considered part of the evaluation/selection process and are only used for advising purposes.
Applicants are to complete the top portion of the reference form (Item C) and forward to the three references they have listed on the UW System online application. Reference forms are to be sent directly from the references to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office. This can be done either by email, fax or mailing to the address listed above. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, please have all references email their completed forms to email@example.com.
C) Reference Letter Form – A minimum of three references forms are required from a current supervisor, organization/agency leader and/or professor.**
**Applicants who have been away from school for an extended period of time should utilize a reference who can summarize the applicant’s current knowledge base.
Step 4 – Admission Interview
After admission requirements are met and supporting materials have been received by the respective graduate offices by the March 31st deadline, eligible applicants will be invited to participate in an interview. The College of Nursing Graduate Program will hold interviews for fall 2021 admission beginning early 2021. Current interview dates are scheduled for January 19th, January 21st, January 28th, February 11th, February 18th, February 22nd, March 11th, March 18th, April 8th, and April 15th. Additional dates may be added if needed. Due to COVID-19, all interviews will be conducted via phone or Microsoft Teams at this time.
If accepted into the program, new admits must attend orientation. Information regarding the new student orientation for 2021 admits will be provided spring 2021.