Master of Science in Nursing
– Clinical Nurse Leader
– Nurse Educator
MSN–Clinical Nurse Leader Emphasis
MSN–Nurse Educator Emphasis
Dr. Kathy Elertson
MSN Program Goals and Objectives
The Master of Science in Nursing Program educates nurses for:
- Advanced nursing roles in healthcare;
- Collaborative roles in healthcare;
- Serving diverse populations;
- Inquiry into the theoretical bases of diverse disciplines; and
- Pursuing doctoral education in nursing.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Nursing program will:
- Function effectively in advanced nursing practice, integrating the art and science of nursing into the advanced role.
- Serve as an effective leader, role model and advocate for clients in clinical practice and in education.
- Generate advanced knowledge of the social, political, ethical, technical, cultural, spiritual, environmental and economic factors influencing the healthcare system and higher education.
- Integrate knowledge of theory and research in advanced nursing areas.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility in developing advanced nursing roles.
- Scientifically investigate issues relevant to advanced nursing and nursing education.
- Evaluate personal scholarship, professional growth and excellence in practice.
MSN–Clinical Nurse Leader
College of Nursing
Clow Social Science Center
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901