RN to BSN to MSN
The College of Nursing’s RN to BSN to MSN option provides registered nurses with a fast track for entry into the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program while completing their undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree through UW Oshkosh ONLY. Students complete their bachelor’s degree though online and distance-education courses offered through the BSN@Home option. Students apply to the MSN Program while in their first semester of the BSN@Home option. Students may take MSN-level courses as electives in their last year of the BSN@Home option.
Students contemplating the RN to BSN to MSN program must work closely with their BSN@Home advisors to complete all requirements:
- The MSN courses that may be taken during the last year as BSN@Home include:
- 709 Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Roles (3 cr)
- 719 Foundations for Advanced Nursing and Interprofessional Collaboration (3 cr)
- 745 Advanced Health Assessment for CNLs and NEs (2 cr)
- 746 Quality and Safety (2 cr)
- 783 Healthcare Informatics (3 cr)
- The 5-year limit to completion of the Master’s degree must be maintained. This begins from the time of enrollment in the first graduate course.