- - MS 1986 Boston College
- - BSN 1979 College of St. Scholastica
- - Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid; 2018
- - Nurse Educator
- - Clinical Nurse Specialist; neuroscience, rehabilitation
- McDonald, S.E., Murphy, D., Riska, R., & Wehr, C.V., “A Study of the Relationship among Body Position, Bladder Function and Urine Variables in Spinal Cord Injury Subjects”. SCI Nursing, 1991, 8(3).
- Madsen, K., Ebert, T., McDonald, D., Eichner, S., & Stowe, D., “Comparison of Epidural Lidocaine and Epidural Narcotics for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy”. Anesthesiology, 1988, 69: A403
- Eichner, S. & Curtis, R., “Alterations in Motor Function”. In Porth, C.M. (Ed.), Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States, (pp.893-928), Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, Third Edition 1990; Fourth Edition, 1993; Fifth Edition, 1998.
- Wisconsin Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, “Sexuality and Disability”, Theda Clark Medical Center, 1997
- Marquette University Clinical Nursing Institute, “Continuum of Care: Rehabilitation in the Acute Care Setting”, 1992
- AASCIN National Conference, Las Vegas, NV, “Characteristics of Nursing Assessment and Intervention in Deep Vein Thrombosis following Spinal Cord Injury”, 1991.
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) National Conference, Phoenix, AZ, “Characteristics of Nursing Assessment and Intervention in Deep Vein Thrombosis following Spinal Cord Injury”, 1991.
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee School of Nursing Continuing Education and Outreach Program, “Recovery from Spinal Cord Injury”, 1991
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Conference on Nursing Research and Clinical Practice, Marshfield, WI, “Implementation of Research in the Clinical Setting”, 1990
- American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses (AASCIN) National Conference, Las Vegas, NV, “A Study of the Relationship among Body Position, Bladder Function and Urine Variables in Spinal Cord Injured Subjects”, 1989.
- Wisconsin Rehabilitation Nurses Association (WARN) Annual Conference, Oshkosh, WI, “Spinal Cord Injury: The Continuum of Care”, 1988.
- Boston College School of Nursing, National Conference on Diagnostic and Ethical Reasoning, “Interrator Reliability and Clinical Judgement”, Dr. Marjory Gordon moderator, 1986.
- AASCIN National Conference, Las Vegas, NV, “A Comparison of Body Temperature Measurement in Acute Spinal Cord Injury”, 1992.
- AASCIN National Conference, Las Vegas, NV, “A Protocol for Neurogenic Bladder Management”, 1989
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN) National Conference, San Diego, CA, “Nursing Diagnosis Co-Occurring in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy”, 1988
Award(s) and Honor(s)
- Nightingale Award, UW-Oshkosh College of Nursing, 2015
- Outstanding Educator of the Year, Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN), 1998
- Distinguished Service, American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses (AASCIN), 1992
- Nursing Research Award, Froedtert Hospital; 1990, 1991
- HRSA Advanced Nursing Education Workforce Grant (ANEW), 2017; not awarded
- HRSA Advanced Education Traineeship Grant (AENT), 2016; not awarded
- U.S. Department of Education, Carol M. White PEP (Physical Education Program) Grant for the Unified Catholic Schools of Oshkosh; awarded (2005 and 200 )
- Women’s Funding Network Venture Grant for the Women’s Fund of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation; awarded (2002)
- Smith Family Foundation Grant for the Great Explorations Learning Lab at St. Francis Cabrini Elementary School; awarded (1991)