Director of Pre-Licensure Program, Associate Professor
College of Nursing
- - PhD, Nursing Education, Capella University, 2013
- - MSN, Bellin College of Nursing, 2009
- - BSN, Bellin College of Nursing, 2001
- - Credentialed EPIC trainer, 2012
- - Wisconsin State License: Registered Nurse, 2001
- - Basic Cardiac Life Support, 1999
- - Nursing Educator, OR/PACU
- - Mott, J (In Press). An Innovative Way to Teach a Blended Graduate Level Course. Nurse Educator.
- - Mott, J., Schmidt, B., & MacWilliams, B. (2019). Male caregivers: Shifting roles among family caregivers. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 23(1), E17-E24.
- - Schmidt, B., Mott, J., Thompson, A., Henne, T., & Patterson, M. (In Press). Professional nursing values in men: An NPVS-R instrument validation study. Journal of Nursing Measurement.
- - Lancaster, R., Mott, J., & Hendryx, J. (2018). Integration of Quality Matters ™ as a Graduate Course Assignment. Nurse Educator. 1-2.
- - Mott, J. (2018). Professional male caregiving: A concept analysis. Nursing Forum, 53, 574-578.
- - Mott, J., & Lee, O.D. (2017). Navigating unfamiliar waters: Men in nursing academia. Journal of Professional Nursing.
- - Mott, J. (2014). Undergraduate Nursing Student Experiences with Faculty Bullies. Nurse Educator. 39(3), 143-148.
- - Mott, J. (2012). Implementation of an Intraoperative Clinical Experience for Senior Level Baccalaureate Nursing Students. AORN Journal. 95(4). 445-452.
- - Male caregiving. AAMN podcast, 2018
- - Men’s Health: Caring for the Y Chromosome. Nursetim.com webinar, co-presented with Dr. Brent MacWilliams, 2017
- - Male caregiving. Eta Pi scholarship day. University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 2017
- - Men’s Health: A Community Perspective. AAMN national conference. Las Vegas, NV, 2017
- - Navigating Unfamiliar Waters: Men in Nursing Academia. NurseTim Nuts and Bolts Nurse Educator Conference, Minneapolis, MN, 2017
- - “Men in Nursing Academia: What it’s Really Like.” Eta Pi scholarship day. University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 2016
- - “Classroom Code of Conduct Contracts.” Bellin College Faculty Development Day. Green Bay, WI, 2016
- - “Men in Nursing Academia: What is it Really Like?” ManUp2 conference. Cincinnati, OH, 2016
- - “Student Role Transition and Diversity in Nursing”, Student Nurses’ Association. North Central Technical College, Wausau, WI. 2014
- - “Undergraduate Nursing Student Experiences with Faculty Bullying,” Podium presentation. AAMN national conference, St. Louis MO, 2014
- - “Student Role Transition and Diversity in Nursing”, Student Nurses’ Association. North Central Technical College, Wausau, WI, 2013
- - “Diversity and the Development of the Bellin College Chapter of the American Assembly for Men in Nursing”. Wisconsin Action Coalition and Wisconsin Center’s for Nursing Program, Madison, WI, 2013
- - “Undergraduate Nursing Student Experiences with Faculty Bullying”, Bellin College. Green Bay, WI, 2013
- - “Men in Nursing Academia: What it’s Really Like.” Poster Presentation. AAMN national conference. Miami, FL, 2016
Award(s) and Honor(s):
- - University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, AAMN Chapter, Awarded Best School for Men in Nursing Award, 2018
- - Bellin College National AAMN newcomer’s award for best new AAMN chapter nationally, 2014
- - 4 Featured member spotlight article in AAMN interaction newsletter, 2014
- - Bellin College AAMN chapter featured in WAICU newsletter, 2013
- - Wisconsin Exemplar of IOM Implementation on Diversity by the Wisconsin Action Coalition and Wisconsin Center’s for Nursing, 2013
- - Faculty research grant Bellin College, 2013