Accelerated Online – Admission Requirements
Applicants must complete the equivalent of all of the UW Oshkosh courses listed below. Matching course descriptions does not ensure course equivalency. Upon application to the University a transfer credit evaluation is completed by the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please refer to our FAQ page for more details regarding the transfer course process.
All applicants are required to complete a course credit transfer evaluation by sending their unofficial transcripts to the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Advisor. Please send unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a course credit evaluation is completed, applicants will be eligible to apply.
As part of the evaluation, applicants must have the following:
- A minimum grade of C in all prerequisite courses
- An associated laboratory component with all natural science prerequisites
- 4 of the 6 required natural science courses completed at the time of application
|PREREQUISITE COURSES||UW OSHKOSH COURSE TITLE/NUMBER|
|English Composition||English 101, 110 Honors, 188 WBIS, 202, 300, or 312|
|Intro or General Psychology||Psychology 101 or 104|
|Growth, Development, and Health across the Lifespan [must cover entire lifespan]||Nursing 200 or Psychology 391 or Educational Foundations 377|
|Science (Biological Concepts)||Biology 105 or 230|
|Science (Human Anatomy)||Biology 211|
|Science (Physiology)||Biology 212 or 319|
|Science (Microbiology)||Biology 233 or 309|
|Science (Chemistry I)||Chemistry 101 or 105|
|Science (Biochemistry or Chemistry II )||Chemistry 102 or 106|
|General Education from first degree||Considered on individual basis (6 credits)|
The application GPA is calculated using the courses listed above.
The following courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher but are not calculated as part of the admission GPA: College Level Math and Speech (Public Speaking) Prerequisite courses do not expire.
- Admission to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited University with a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA calculated using prerequisite courses, with no prerequisite grade less than C (C- and CD are not acceptable)
- Must reside in an approved state
- Completed Criminal Background Check as required by Caregiver Law processed through Castle Branch (cost assumed by applicant) See Step 4 of the Application Process
- Pre-nursing GPA of 3.25 or above
- Certified Nursing Assistant work experience or other direct patient care experience
- Activities reflecting service orientation [campus and/or community volunteer]
- Experience with diverse populations (e.g. various age, ethnic, racial, or religious groups, working with individuals with special needs or individuals with physical disabilities)
- All prerequisite coursework and bachelor’s degree completed