Bachelor of Science in Nursing
An ADN to BSN program
UW Oshkosh partners with Blackhawk Technical College (BTC) in Janesville to provide residents of southern Wisconsin the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing through the Soar Ahead program.
Individuals interested in becoming—or currently working as—registered nurses are able to start general education and pre-nursing courses at BTC and then seamlessly transition to 100-percent online BSN courses offered through UW Oshkosh.
To get started, contact a BTC adviser today!
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Associate of Arts and Science degree or completion of all general education requirements
- Enrollment at Blackhawk Technical College
- Grade of C or better in nursing prerequisite courses
- Proof of current certificate as a nursing assistant (CNA)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Experience working as CNA
General Education Requirements
To begin taking online nursing courses through UW Oshkosh, Soar Ahead students must successfully complete one year of full-time study at Blackhawk Technical College and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Composition – 3-6 credits required
- Math – Statistics preferred
- Non-Western Culture
- Communication – Public Speaking
- Society/Social Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- Natural Sciences – Online courses are not accepted, and all classes must include a lab component.