The Mission of the Office of the Dean of Students
The Dean of Students Office serves a central role in supporting student learning and development by fostering academic and social networks through which students develop as intentional learners and global citizens. Specifically, our purpose is:
- to fill the gaps of service to students.
- help students navigate institutional processes.
- to positively influence the student’s university experience.
- guide the institution on policies, laws, and regulations that effect students.
In fulfilling our purpose we:
- advocate for students.
- challenge and support students, faculty and staff.
- cultivate learning and development opportunities.
- create a space for students to be heard, valued and validated.
- work to solve problems.
- serve as the first stop for students when they do not know where to turn.
- work to ensure a safe and inclusive community for our students.
- protect the integrity of the university community.
Safety and Reporting Resources
Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report
This report is contains useful information about safety and security at the UW Oshkosh. Within this report are crime statistics for the previous three years that occurred on or around campus including the areas of:
- On-campus student housing.
- Certain off-campus buildings or properties owned or controlled by UW Oshkosh.
- On public property within or immmediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
The report also contains institutional policies and practices concerning campus security, such as sexual assault and emergency response plans.
Student Care Team
The Student Care Team (SCT) that provides guidance and assistance to students who are experiencing crisis, displaying odd or unusual behaviors or engaging in other behaviors that may be perceived as being harmful (either to the student individually, or to others).
The form is to report NON-EMERGENCY referrals and responds to students (and their families, faculty, and staff) when concerns for a student’s health, welfare, and safety are identified. If this is an emergency, please call UW Oshkosh’s Police Department at 920-424-1212.
Bias Motivated Incident and/or Crime Reporting
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every member of our community is respected and valued. Whenever an instance of bias occurs we encourage the filing of this report so that the situation can be addressed. If you choose to share your name, a UW Oshkosh staff member will follow up with you within one business day.
Sexual Violence Reporting
If you have experienced a sexual assault or violence in a dating or intimate relationship, the most important thing you can do is get to a safe place. If you believe you or anyone else is in immediate danger, call 911 as soon as possible. Feel free to take your time with the decision to report. For your medical well being we highly encourage you to seek medical attention as soon as possible.