Law and Policy
No public or private institution may discriminate against a disability solely by reason of the disability.
UW System & UW Oshkosh
UW System and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh have policies specific to students with disabilities.
University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Students with Disabilities Policies and Procedures
- Discrimination, Discriminatory Harassment and Retaliation
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (electronic and information technology accessibility requirements)
- Case law with impact on response to ADA
Wisconsin State Statute
Universal Design (UD) refers to techniques, policies, and practices that make buildings, products, and environments accessible for everyone. Universal Design for Learning (UDL) refers specifically to UD practices that make instruction and learning accessible. Although not necessarily required by law, UDL practices make the classroom a more accessible space for all learners.