For students living in residence halls on campus, there are a number of safety measures taken to ensure a safe, healthy environment.
- Residence hall entrance doors are locked or monitored at all hours of the day and night.
- Night security stations are provided in all residence halls while classes are in session.
- Bathroom doors are locked in all residence halls during the academic year and can be accessed by a resident’s bathroom key.
- All rooms, hallways and public areas are equipped with smoke detectors, and fire drills are held each semester to ensure students understand the proper response in the event of a fire.
- TitanAlert allows students to receive important information via text message.
- University Police enforce civil and criminal codes, traffic laws and rules of the University System.
- University Police provide security and safety educational services to the University community.
- To learn more about residence hall safety and security, visit the Residence Life website.
- For 24-hour assistance and safety information, call the University Police at (920) 424-1212.