Nevin James Writing Contest
Deadline for submission of entries: Feb. 14, 2020
Submissions are accepted via email. Follow the directions on the entry form.
Who is Eligible?
Any student enrolled in any WBIS 188 or English 110 class during the Spring 2019 or Fall 2019 semesters.
- Essays must have been submitted for a grade in WBIS 188 or ENG 110 (revised essays acceptable).
- One submission per writer, please.
- Instructors should limit their nominations to five total students per semester, across all sections.
- The student’s and instructor’s names should be removed from all pages of the essay and assignment sheet.
- The Entry Form must be submitted with the essay.
- Winners will be honored at the University Honors and Awards Ceremony (held in April).
- After the entry form is filled out and names are removed from all other materials, email your submission to the Director of First-Year Writing (instructions on entry form). Submissions should be prepared collaboratively by students and instructors, but either one may send the submission email.
- Your submission will be acknowledged via email.
- Winners notified in March 2020.
- Winners will receive cash prizes applied to their UW Oshkosh student accounts and will be invited to participate in the Honors and Awards Ceremony held in April 2020.
Dr. Samantha Looker-Koenigs, Director of First-Year Writing