Who is UW Oshkosh’s ADA Coordinator ?
The UW Oshkosh ADA Coordinator for faculty and staff is responsible for campus-wide compliance with the ADA.
ADA Coordinator, Director of Equal Opportunity & Access
337 Dempsey Hall
When to Contact the ADA Coordinator
As an Applicant or Employee:
- If you are unsure whether your medical condition (physical or mental) is covered under the ADA.
- If you have questions about your rights and responsibilities under the ADA.
- If you need assistance with the accommodation process.
- If you have concerns about discrimination, harassment or retaliation based on disability or the need for accommodations.
As a Manager or Supervisor:
- As soon as you become aware of a disability-related employment matter or an employee requests an accommodation.
- If you are unsure whether a disability may be present (do not ask the applicant or employee).
- To send a copy of medical information or documentation that is needed for ADA purposes.
- In order to make a decision to approve, modify, or deny an accommodation request, as required by the UW Oshkosh disability accommodation policy.
- Before imposing disciplinary action, up to and including termination, when there is a disability or a perceived disability.
- If you want the ADA Coordinator to give a presentation or workshop to supervisors in your unit or department.