Environmental Studies Student Groups
Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC)
The Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC) is an active student group dedicated to environmental responsibility and social justice.
SEAC, pronounced “seek” as in “seeking a greener campus,” is a grassroots environmental organization with the purpose of raising environmental awareness at UW Oshkosh and around the world.
Our mission is threefold:
- To uproot environmental injustices through action and education.
- To challenge the power structure which threatens the environment.
- To create progressive environmental and social change on both the local and global levels.
Wildlife Conservation Club
The Wildlife Conservation Club’s mission is to promote and educate members and the campus community on wildlife management and conservation through collaborations with area experts and hands-on activities. We define wildlife as all flora and fauna from mega-vertebrates to micro invertebrates and we want to promote conservation on an ecosystem level. Our activities will include:
1. Education of members and campus community
2. Application of knowledge to conservation issues
3. Staying current with global conservation awareness, research, and action
4. Understanding and promoting aspects of wildlife management
For a more comprehensive list of the many different student groups with (broadly construed) environmental interests, check out the UW Oshkosh Campus Sustainability student organization listing.