Custodial Staff Walk-In Interviews
Open interviews for UW Oshkosh custodial staff are held every second Thursday of the month from 8–10 a.m. To interview, come to the custodial office in the basement of Polk Library. Entrance number 4 off of Elmwood should be used.
Ranked #9 ‘Best Places to Work’ by Forbes Magazine, UWO is now offering sign-on bonuses for new Custodial and Grounds Employees!
- Recruitment Bonus of $1,000 ($500 for part-time) will be awarded after successful completion of 180-day Probation Period (6 months)!
- Retention Bonus of $1,000 ($500 for part-time) will be awarded after successful completion of 1-year Employment Anniversary!
- Openings are on the following shifts: 6 a.m.–2 p.m., 2–10 p.m., 4 p.m.–midnight, and 8 p.m.–4 a.m.
- Starting pay is $15.00/hour with additional $0.45 per hour shift differential
- One custodial lead position available starting at $16.50 per hour
- Excellent benefit package through the State of Wisconsin
- Over 3 weeks of paid leave available during year 1 with an additional 9 paid holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) with employer contributions
- Health insurance plans starting as low as $34/month for individual and $92/month for family coverage
- Other openings may be available on other shifts: 6 a.m.–2 p.m., 6:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. and 2–10 p.m.
Candidates are encouraged, but not required, to complete an application ahead of time. Application stations will be available for anyone that needs to complete an application at the event. After the interview, HR staff will be available to answer any questions regarding benefits.
Candidates are encouraged, but not required, to complete an application ahead of time.