Facility Use & Policies
The Fond du Lac campus of UW Oshkosh welcomes area organizations and the business community to use university facilities when such use is consistent with the educational mission of the university and does not conflict with the educational and public service objectives of the university.
Facility Use Policies & Procedures
- A contract signed by a representative of the sponsoring organization must be returned with a certificate of insurance to the Special Events Coordinator’s office at least seven days prior to the scheduled event. A signed contract indicates the group understands the policies and procedures governing campus facilities usage and that the organization agrees to comply with these procedures.
- Arrangements for audiovisual equipment, technical support and all other services must be made at least seven days prior to the scheduled event.
- Final guarantee for the number of attendees is required three business days prior to the event.
- Cancellations must be received at least five business days prior to the event. Refunds, if applicable, will be issued at that time.
- The university reserves the right to alter room assignments and refund fees paid where appropriate when university priorities so require.
- Organizations not associated with the university are required to pay a facility user fee. State law also requires that organizations not associated with the University reimburse the University for incidental costs which may include extra work done by maintenance and technical staff, utility usage, technology services, technical support, maintenance fees, supplies or other indirect costs.
- A detailed invoice showing actual expenses incurred will be provided ten days following the event. Payment must be received within 30 days of receipt of the invoice or a finance charge will be applied.
General Conditions of Use
- The event(s) will in no way obstruct or hamper the normal functioning of the university.
- Activities must be in keeping with the overall educational and public service objectives of the Fond du Lac campus.
- Requests for continuous use by an organization will be reviewed to ensure compliance with scheduling priorities.
- The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable state or federal law.
- The activity must be open to the public.
- University regulations prohibit the selling or solicitation for sale of goods, services or contributions on university property by persons not associated with the university, unless they are under the sponsorship of a university or registered student organization pursuant to a contract with the university for the allocation or rental of space for that purpose.
- When admission is charged or sales of goods or services occur, the organization assessing fees, goods or services assumes full responsibility for collecting, reporting and transmitting all applicable fees to the appropriate State or Federal agencies.
- Any damage to the facility above normal wear and tear will be the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. The Fond du Lac campus reserves the right to oversee and/or approve any subsequent repairs.
- Staff must be on site during the period facilities and grounds are requested for community use. Additional expense incurred for custodial service, security, labor, utilities or other services will be the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. Facility use outside regular campus hours will incur overtime custodial fees.
- Use of the university or campus logo must have prior approval by the UW Oshkosh University Marketing and Communications department. The university reserves the right to review advertising and promotion listing the university as the location for any event. Contact UMC at email@example.com and visit uwosh.edu/umc for additional information on brand and brand standards.
- Advertising and posters displayed in university buildings or on campus grounds must be approved with the Special Events Coordinator. Posting should be put up with removable adhesive putty in permitted areas. NO TAPE, thumbtacks or staples are allowed on any surfaces for mounting signs or posters. We recommend you use UHU TAC removable adhesive putty. We can provide a small supply.
- The official designation of the campus is the the Fond du Lac campus of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh or UW Oshkosh, Fond du Lac campus in all publicity releases and printed materials.
- Three copies of all printed materials including publicity releases must be supplied to the Special Events Coordinator’s office at least seven days prior to the beginning of the scheduled event. This ensures the campus staff may effectively respond to questions regarding the event.
- Theater lighting and sound control systems, projectors and audio visual equipment must be operated exclusively by authorized campus personnel or their approved designees. Theater lighting must be returned to a ‘general wash’ following all performances according to the light plot provided.
- All deliveries should be unloaded at Receiving #2. Vehicles are not permitted to drive up to the main entrance doors on the sidewalk.
- All food and beverage must be catered through the university’s contracted food service provider. No “carry-in” food or beverage is allowed. In compliance with state health regulations, food and beverage may not be removed from the premise.
- The use or possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on all university premises, except as authorized by the Dean’s Office and is subject to statutory age restrictions. Upon approval of alcoholic beverage service, the organization will be subject to the restrictions outlined in UWCAP #36.
- All alcoholic beverages must be purchased and sold by authorized agents of the UW Colleges as required by the UW System Federal Malt and Alcoholic Beverage Food Stamp. No “carry-in” beverages are allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages will be dispensed by employees of the UW Colleges or its approved agents who are of legal age and have received proper training. Employees serving alcohol will comply with state law which prohibits the sale of alcohol to intoxicated persons.
- Non alcoholic beverages must be available at every event where food and alcohol is served. Water is not an acceptable alternative.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages will cease one-half hour before the end of the event.
- Additional requirements apply for activities sponsored by student organizations where alcohol will be served – outlined UWCAP #36.
- The Fond du Lac campus is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is allowed only in designated outdoor areas.
- Adult supervision must be provided at all times for program participants.
- Criminal Background Check Requirement: The signing of this agreement indicates that the facility user/organization, whose employees, affiliates, or volunteers will have overnight, routine, and/or multi-day access to minors in the course of this contract confirms that these employees, affiliates, or volunteers have satisfied a criminal background check conducted by a criminal background check vendor selected by the contractor that includes a check of the vendor’s proprietary national criminal background check database. (ref. Regent Policy #20-19).
Marquee Sign – This sign located on the corner of Johnson Street and University Drive is strictly used for Fond du Lac campus events and activities and is not available for use by any external and/or community-based group or individual.
Sunday – The campus is officially closed on Sunday and no external events will be reserved on this day without the express written permission of the Assistant Chancellor for Access Campus of UW Oshkosh.
- The facility user hereby agrees to hold harmless the State of Wisconsin, the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin-Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County, their officers, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damages, costs or expenses which are sustained, incurred or required arising from the actions of the facility user in the course of their use of university facilities. The university must have proof of commercial general liability insurance with a minimum $1,000,000 each occurrence on file, naming the Board of Regents of the UW System as additional insured for those events or activities as deemed necessary.
- The user may in no way interpret use of facilities as university endorsement of an organization, its program or the viewpoint it represents. The organization accepts full responsibility for all university equipment used, and guarantees payment of all costs and rental charges.