Welcome to the Office of Finance and Administration at UW Oshkosh
Our mission – “Create, support, maintain and sustain a total campus climate that promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service.”
Increased Personnel Action Review Program
UW Oshkosh Increased Personnel Action Review (IPAR) Program
Under the guidance of the UW System 2020FWD CORE (Commitment to Operational Reform and Excellence), UW-Oshkosh is committed to use resources responsibly. We must aggressively pursue opportunities to create efficiencies an d reduce costs. The single largest expenditure by the university is personnel. The university is instituting a new program, IPAR (Increased Personnel Action Review) in an effort to evaluate positions for accountability, efficiency and operational excellence. Although personnel costs will require a more thorough review by administration, it will be the expectation that units independently seek reductions in all areas including operational costs and travel expenditures. Please review the IPAR process and form below.
Financial Services Outage and SFS Upgrade October 5 - 10, 2018
Dear Campus Community,
ATTENTION: Upcoming Financial Services Outage
UW System-wide Shared Financial System, SFS, will be upgraded in October 2018 from PeopleSoft version 9.1 to version 9.2. (to find out much more about the project and what will be changing, see the Project website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/sfs/sfs-9-2-upgrade-project/). The upgrade will result in a shutdown of UWO’s financial platform from Friday, October 5th until Wednesday, October 10th.
What does this mean for UWO? Processes in Accounting, Procurement, Expenses, and Grants will experience (potentially significant) delays in processing during the shutdown and the following week. If a department has financial transactions that must be completed before October 15th, Finance and Administration recommends that transactions be delivered to the party responsible for processing that transaction (e.g. Procurement, Accounting, Grants, ER module) no later than Friday, September 28th to allow time for processing.
A short summary is below:
- No journals or TTRs will be processed by Accounting from 5pm on 10/4 until 10/10
- Submit Travel Expense Report and Travel Authorizations by September 28th to allow time for approval before the dates shown below, or wait until October 10th when 9.2 is available.
- Expense Reports still need to be done within the 90 days rule.
- All Expense Reports that have been submitted need to be fully approved by 6pmon October 4th, otherwise they will be SENT BACK to the traveler and the traveler will need to resubmit them when 9.2 is available on October 10th.
- Travel Authorizations not fully approved by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 5th will be closed and the traveler will need to recreate them in 9.2.
- No vendor purchase order invoices, Direct Pay Requests, or Payment to Individual Reports will be processed by Accounts Payable from 6pm on 10/4 until 10/10.
- No Purchase Orders will be created by Purchasing or from 6pm on 10/3 until 10/10
- WISDM will be mostly accessible with a few inaccessible pages, and data will be ‘frozen’ as of 5pm on October 4th.
- Impacts to other tools or systems which interact with SFS may also occur.
Department can still make deposits during the SFS outage, there will just be a delay in the deposits appearing in WISDM. The Cashier will work to get deposits made during the outage uploaded as soon as the system is available.
Please plan accordingly – these deadlines are immoveable, and there will be no ability to process “emergency” transactions or payments. Any questions or concerns please contact the following areas via email.
email@example.com – Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, PO Change Requests
firstname.lastname@example.org – Direct Pay Requests, Payment to Individual Reports, Purchase Order invoices
email@example.com – e-Reimbursement Travel Pre-Authorizations, Travel Advances, Expense Reports
firstname.lastname@example.org – Journals, TTRs
email@example.com – Deposits