Cost Transfer Tool
Overview of Cost Transfer Tool
The cost transfer tool is a web-based form and routing system used to process both salary and non-salary cost transfers. The tool links the financial software WISER into the processing system SFS and creates an automatic request of transferring actual expenditures.
Features of the Tool
- Integrates to WISER so that when looking at a transaction in WISER, a transfer can be initiated right from the reporting system
- Validations are performed to ensure the data is clean and valid when going to the General Ledger (GL)
- Provides a custom workflow that requests signatures for approval based on the content of the transfer
- Provides search features so users can find transfers they have made in the past
- Significant reduction in time, completely electronic process
- No paper routing, no printing out of forms, no manual signatures
- Validation of account coding at the time of entry
UW System Policies
UW System Trainings
UW Oshkosh Developed Step-by-Step Instructions
All questions regarding the cost transfer tool can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.