Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Receiving Financial Aid

Is my Financial Aid Award the same as my account statement?

No. The Financial Aid Office sends you a financial aid award email (to your UWOSH email) stating that your financial aid package is ready. The email directs you to your TitanWeb account, which lists grants, loans or work-study that you are eligible to receive. Your UW Oshkosh account statement is sent to you by the Student Accounts Office. This statement is the actual amount you owe the University. Financial aid awards received by the Financial Aid Office are applied directly to the charges listed on your account statement, usually during the first month of the term. You are responsibly for paying any amount not covered by these awards.

Why did I receive a revised Financial Aid email?

If you receive an email, then something has changed with the amount of financial aid you are being awarded. Carefully review your TitanWeb account.

I have not received my Financial Aid Award notice. What should I do?

Check your UW Oshkosh email account for notification from the UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office and/or check your TitanWeb account. In addition, please review your Student Aid Report (SAR). If no mistakes were indicated on the SAR and you had applied over one month ago, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Why did my Financial Aid Award change?

Your award may have changed if you requested different aid amounts than listed on your previous award or received a scholarship. Please log into your TitanWeb account to see any changes to your financial aid.

My Financial Aid is contingent on receipt of additional documents or information as noted on the award notification. Does that mean my Financial Aid could change?

It is possible that your financial aid award will change. You may receive an email or letter, which will direct you to a “to-do list” on your TitanWeb account. There, you will be able to see which documents or information you must submit to the Financial Aid Office before we can determine your award for the academic year. If these documents you reflect different information than previously reported to the Financial Aid Office, your award will be reevaluated.

What if my financial situation suddenly change?

If you or your parents (for dependent students) experience a change in financial situation, you can request that the Financial Aid Office reevaluate your aid eligibility. We will ask that you complete a form describing the change and provide some form of substantiated documentation. Common situations that are considered include lost of employment, reduction in income, medical/dental expenses, divorce and death. If you are not sure about your particular situation, make an appointment with a financial aid counselor.

My parent (PLUS) loan was denied. How can I apply for more Financial Aid?

If your PLUS loan was denied, please send us a copy of your denial notice and request for a specific amount you wish to borrow. You can also drop off the documents at our office in person.

We are located in Dempsey Hall 104.

When do I receive Financial Aid?

The funds for financial aid usually are disbursed a few days before a semester starts. Since the money comes in batches, we cannot tell you the exact date. However, you can check your TitanWeb account to see if money has been applied to your student account.

How does Financial Aid get disbursed?

Financial aid is disbursed electronically into the student’s account at UW Oshkosh. For more information, visit “Paying Your Bills” page.

Why do I need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling?

Federal regulations require that all first-time borrows in the Stafford Loan and Perkins Loan Programs must complete loan entrance counseling prior to receiving any loan funds. The entrance counseling session provides useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your educational expenses and helps you to understand your loan responsibilities.

How can I find out whether my Financial Aid came in?

If financial aid came in and has been applied to your account, you will see the transactions on your TitanWeb account. See instructions on how to check your TitanWeb account on the “Receiving Financial Aid” page. If you have more questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

What if I am enrolled less than halftime?

In order to receive financial aid, students must be enrolled at least halftime. If you are expecting financial aid and enrolled in less than halftime, the financial aid will not be applied to your account until your enrollment status changes.

What if I need to drop a class?