Coronavirus Office Hours
The Counselors will be available Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Counselors also will be available via phone call, email or virtual appointments.
Federal School Code
Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
The Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Program is designed for graduate students to help cover the estimated cost of education. This loan does not have an aggregate borrowing limit; however, the annual borrowing limit equals to the cost of attendance minus other financial aid awarded to a student. The Graduate PLUS loan is a non-need-based loan with a fixed interest rate, and borrowers are required to have a good credit history in order to qualify for this loan. The loan is typically disbursed twice during an academic year.
To qualify for the Graduate PLUS Loan, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal non-citizen
- Not be in default on any type of federal loan
- Pass a credit check conducted by the loan servicing agency*
*An applicant with an adverse credit history may receive the loan if they obtain an endorser (loan co-signer) who passes the credit check. A student with an endorser or “extenuating circumstances” will be required to do PLUS loan counseling provided by the Department of Education before the loan can be disbursed.
Graduate PLUS Loan Processing
- To be considered for the for the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan, students must file the FAFSA and have Federal Graduate PLUS Loan listed on their financial aid award on their TitanWeb account.
- Students must accept the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (referred to as Graduate PLUS Loan) on TitanWeb.
- Students must complete the Grad PLUS Request Form for the upcoming academic year and submit to:
UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
The form may also be faxed to (920) 424-0284.
- The request form will be processed by the Financial Aid Office and forwarded to the U.S. Department of Education for credit check and approval. If the request is denied, the student has the option to pursue a co-signer. Please contact the Department of Education at (800) 433-3243 for more information.
- Graduate PLUS borrowers are also required to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Loans cannot be disbursed unless the request form and MPN are completed.
Interest Rates and Repayment
The repayment period for Federal Graduate PLUS loans starts 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed. Students may choose to defer payments on a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan until six months after the the students graduates or ceases to be enrolled halftime.* Students also have the option to pay accruing interest monthly or quarterly, or allow the interest to be capitalized quarterly.
- Loans after July 1, 2021: 6.28%
- Loans after July 1, 2020: 5.30%
- Loans after July 1, 2019: 7.08%
- Loans after July 1, 2018: 7.60%
- Oct. 1, 2020-Sept. 30, 2021: 4.228%
- Oct. 1, 2019–Sept. 30, 2020: 4.236%
- Oct. 1, 2018–Sept. 30, 2019: 4.248%
- Oct. 1, 2017–Sept. 30, 2018: 4.264%
*Only applicable to loans disbursed after July 1, 2008.
- If you are applying for a Graduate PLUS Loan for more than one dependent, you must complete a separate application and MPN for each student.
- Multiple Graduate PLUS Loans can be borrowed on a single MPN for up to 10 years.
- Loan funds are electronically disbursed to the student’s account to pay for education related expenses (tuition, fees, room, meal plan, etc).
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Walk-In Hours: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901