Federal School Code
In order to be considered for the nursing loan, you must have completed 30 credits.
The nursing loan is a need-based loan for students pursuing a degree in nursing. This particular loan has a fixed interest rate of 5%. Repayment begins nine months after graduation, dropping below half-time enrollment status, or dropping out of the nursing major. The nursing loan is to be repaid directly to UW Oshkosh. To be considered for the loan, students must file the FAFSA. The nursing loan will not be disbursed to a student unless both the entrance loan counseling and the MPN are completed. Students must complete a new MPN every year they receive a new nursing loan.
For more information about this loan, contact the Student Loan Office at email@example.com or call (920) 424-1336.
Regulatory Information for Nursing Loan Recipients
Regulation Z (Truth in Lending)
On July 30, 2009, the Federal Reserve approved final amendments to Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) that revise the disclosure requirements for private education loans. The amendments implement provisions of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) enacted in August 2008. Under the amendments, creditors that extend private education loans must provide disclosures about loan terms and features on or with the loan application and must also disclose information about federal student loan programs that may offer less costly alternatives. Additional disclosures must be provided when the loan is approved and when the loan is consummated. The rules became effective on Sept. 14, 2009 and lenders are required to be in compliance for any new loans after Feb. 14, 2010.
Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) applies to all private education loans and certain educational loans offered by UW Oshkosh, including the nursing loan. Prior to lending, the Financial Aid Office is required to present recipients with the Application/Solicitation Disclosure Statement. This disclosure describes the general terms of the loan and the estimated amount that you will repay over the life of the loan. It also provides with information regarding the potential availability of lower-cost federal loan options.
Subsequent disclosures, as well as a self-certification form, will be presented to recipients electronically after signing the loan promissory note with the University’s nursing loan servicer, ECSI.
Nursing Loan Processing
- To be considered for the loan, students must file the FAFSA.
- Review the nursing loan Application/Solicitation Disclosure Statement. Students are not required to take any action upon receipt of this disclosure, but should carefully review the information to understand the terms of the loan.
- Accept the nursing loan on TitanWeb.
- Once the loan is accepted, students will receive instructions via email to continue processing with ECSI.
Students must have the following information ready prior to completing the ESCI processing:
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Contact information for three personal references (name, address, email and phone number)
- ECSI processing includes:
- Receipt of any approval disclosure statement
- Entrance loan counseling
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) and a self-certification form*
* After completing the MPN, students will receive a final disclosure statement. Students have three days from receipt of the final disclosure statement if they wish to cancel the loan. Recipients are not required to take any action upon they wish to cancel the loan.
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Mondays and Fridays
8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Schedule an appointment with your fiancial aid Counselor
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901