Culver Family Welcome Center
625 Pearl Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Foundation contributes to academic excellence.
It is an organization committed to advancing higher education and ensuring that UW Oshkosh students enjoy successful futures.
Established in 1963, the Foundation was created to promote, receive, invest and disburse gifts to meet the goals and needs of UW Oshkosh. It consistently motivates donors to become increasingly involved in the development of the University. The Foundation offices are located in the Culver Family Welcome and Conference Center along the Fox River.
The mission of the UW Oshkosh Foundation is to be a proactive leader in helping shape and refine the vision of excellence of the University through:
- Raising the awareness of the need for private support for educational priorities
- Building relationships to connect community resources with University needs
- Meeting donor interests
- Expanded resource development programs
- Prudent fiscal responsibility and asset management in support of the University community with special emphasis on the faculty/student relationship
The vision is to be known and respected for:
- Helping the University be an institution that is recognized as exemplary in serving and advancing regional priorities
- Building the Foundation’s endowment over the next ten years to a level that exceeds that of universities our size and character
- Engaging in capital campaigns to address current and future facilities needs that are not publicly funded
- Being a dynamic and diversified board on which it is a privilege to serve and rewarding to its members
- Building the image of the University so that the Foundation becomes the beneficiary of choice as alumni, faculty, staff, corporations and other foundations plan their philanthropy
All of our activities and decisions will be based upon and guided by these values:
- A passion for the importance of higher education and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Being good stewards of the assets entrusted to us
- The dedication of volunteer time and resources
- Respect for diversity of expression and thought
- Being a good corporate citizen
- The growth and development of individuals, relationships and the communities we serve
- Being creative and flexible in living out our mission
- The desires and values of all donors
The Foundation is a separate and distinct legal entity from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and qualifies as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code.