Fox Cities Campus
International Student Admissions
Dempsey Hall, Room 202
International Application Process
The Fox Citites Campus of UW Oshkosh will accept applications after the application deadlines. Applicants who have not submitted all required application documents in time to schedule a visa appointment may continue their application for the next semester.
Fall Semester Deadlines
- First Friday in May (recommended)
- First Friday in June (final to guarantee time for the visa interview process)
- Monday before orientation (final for transfers)
Spring Semester Deadlines
- First Friday in November (recommended)
- First Friday in December (final to guarantee time for the visa interview process)
- Monday before orientation (final for transfers)
Optional: Apply for a Scholarship
This is a Need-based Scholarship Application for applicants who are unable to pay the total required amount shown on the form. This is the same form that you will use in STEP II for the “Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019”.
Step I: Apply for Admission to the University
- University of Wisconsin System ApplicationChoose “University of Wisconsin Oshkosh” on this application. This application will require payment of a $50 application fee by credit card. Your electronic application will be sent to UW Oshkosh after you submit.
- Proof of English ProficiencyIdentify UW Oshkosh as the institution that should receive your test results. If you need to provide an address, the testing company must send these results to: Office of International Education, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh, WI 54901, USA.
- Official transcripts or marks sheets plus diplomas and certificates that confirm the degree granted, in the original language. = Credentials
All documents not in English must be accompanied by an official English translation.Transcripts must include the full list of courses completed plus grades for each course EXCEPT courses currently in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted after final grades become available.First-year students (freshmen) must submit documents from all secondary schools previously attended.Students with 29 or fewer college-level credits (less than one year of study) earned at a U.S. university/college OR a U.S. university/college outside the U.S. must submit documents from all secondary schools, colleges and universities previously attended.
Students with 30 or more college-level credits (more than one year of study) earned at a U.S. university/college OR a U.S. university/college outside the U.S. must submit documents from all colleges and universities previously attended.
TRANSCRIPTS, DIPLOMAS & CERTIFICATES MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO UW OSHKOSH BY THE ISSUING INSTITUTION. Alternatively, applicants may send transcripts, diplomas and certificates to UW Oshkosh IF they are SEALED in an envelope which has clearly been provided by the academic institution awarding the transcripts, diplomas or certificates.
Students who have studied at a U.S. institution may be able to send transcripts electronically through the Credentials Electronic Exchange. If this is an option for you, please let your international admissions counselor know that you are sending your transcripts electronically and give the date on which your transcripts should arrive at UW Oshkosh. Use the email address email@example.com to make this notification.
Mail original documents to: Office of International Education, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Blvd, Oshkosh, WI 54901, USA.
- Credential Evaluation: If your credentials come from outside the US a Course-by-course credential evaluator report (grades, credits and degree assessment) of foreign undergraduate academic records used for admission is required. Go to either the NACES or AICE websites to find an appropriate evaluator.
The review of your application will take between 2-4 weeks depending on the timing of the application submission. Once a decision has been made, applicants will be notified by email.
Step II: Apply for your Immigration Documents (I-20 or DS-2019)
You may begin this step before you receive an admissions letter, or you may wait to hear the results of your Application for Admission before beginning. If the application deadline is soon, consider submitting these documents as soon after you have completed the above list as possible.
- Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 signed by the applicant AND by all (if any) financial sponsors.ALL applicants complete this form regardless of the source of funding. This is the same form that you used if you applied for a Scholarship “Need-based Scholarship Application”.
- Evidence of Financial ResourcesDocument requirements are explained on the Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport , if you have one.
- If you plan to bring one or more dependents (spouse/children) with you to the U.S., request the “Dependent Application” BEFORE you complete the Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.
UW Oshkosh will issue a Form I-20 or DS-2019 only after admission by the Admissions Office and verification of adequate financial resources as required by federal regulations. UW Oshkosh encourages the enrollment of qualified international students in suitable programs and seeks to attract students whose academic potential has already been recognized in their home countries. An international student is classified for educational purposes as a person who is a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States. UW Oshkosh is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. The Office of International Education is responsible for ensuring that the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh complies with all applicable laws set forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State, and other government agencies.
Step III: Share Biographical and Health Information
You may begin this step before you receive an admissions letter or before you receive an I-20, or you may wait to hear the results of your Application for Admission and your I-20 before beginning. If the application deadline is soon, consider submitting these documents as soon after you have completed the above list as possible.
- Student Health Form completed by a doctor or other appropriate health provider
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport, if you have not already submitted this.
- Copies of previously issued U.S. Visas (if you have been given a U.S. visa in the past)
- Copies of previously issued I-20’s or DS-2019’s. (if you have been in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa in the past)