Concerts are held in Perry Hall and are free and open to the public. Conductor: Dr. Marc Sackman.
Fox Valley Concert Band
December 16, 7:30 p.m.
On Friday, December 16, the Fox Valley Concert Band, under the direction of Dr. Marc Sackman, will perform its Holiday Concert in Perry Hall on the UWO-Fox Cities campus, 1478 Midway Road in Menasha. The concert is free and open to the public and will include music for the holidays and music that focuses on recent events. The band will perform:
- Selected movements from The William Byrd Suite, as transcribed by Gordon Jacob in 1923 for wind band from the Renaissance composer William Byrd’s keyboard work that appeared in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, a contemporary collection of almost 300 pieces written between about 1562 and 1612.
- Kyiv 2022 by Brian Balmages to recognize the bravery and suffering of the Ukrainian people
- In honor of the men and women in health care who have done so much during the pandemic, Martin Ellersby’s Soliloquy for Solferino, composed in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Red Cross.
- Jupiter, by Gustav Holst.
- Serenade by Derek Bourgeois
- David Maskanka’s powerful Give Us This Day.
- The concert will conclude with the Band’s traditional performance of Leroy Anderson’s A Christmas Festival.
See the UWO events calendar for more upcoming events.