(920) 832-2606
royj@uwosh.edu

Fox Cities Campus General Information
(920) 832-2600

Solution Center
(920) 832-2620
foxinfo@uwosh.edu

Staff

The professional staff at the University Children’s Center are all academically certified educators having earned, at minimum, a baccalaureate degree. The staff are assisted by the Fox Cities campus students planning to major in education, psychology, social work or another related field. All staff and students receive ongoing training in issues related to working with young children.

Joan Roy, Director

Educational Background: Bachelor of Science in Childhood Development from University of Wisconsin Madison.

Work Experience: Started working at University Children’s Center in September 1999.

What brings you joy: I enjoy the honest and open nature of children. It is inspiring and rewarding when the children have an “aha” moment and the concept clicks into place. It is refreshing to experience with each individual child their thought process and personalities. In child care there are no two days alike, it keeps life interesting.

Ann Stark-Rausch, Preschool Teacher

Educational Background: Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education from University of Wisconsin Stout.

Work Experience: Started working at University Children’s Center in August 2001.

What brings you joy: Working with children. Each day is fresh and new which makes my days very exciting. I think being a mother of two has made me a better teacher. My main goal as an EC teacher is for the children to enjoy school.

Patty Block Schumacher, Preschool Teacher

Educational Background: Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Early Childhood from University of Wisconsin Platteville.

Work Experience: Started working at University Children’s Center in October 2018.

What brings you joy: As an educator, I am brought joy by seeing the children make connections with each other as well as their teachers. At first, when the children enter the preschool room, they need a lot of support. Then as they grow and develop, they are more confident and independent about all aspects of their lives! Another aspect of teaching that fills me with joy is when children make mental connections about something that they have been working on and then it, “CLICKS”! Seeing the children filled with so much pride as they make these milestones is amazing and I’m truly blessed to be a part of these moments in their lives!

Amy Prideaux, Toddler Teacher

Educational Background: Bachelor of Science in Human Services from University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.

Work Experience: Started working at University Children’s Center in June 1993.

What brings you joy: Witnessing the growth each child makes throughout the years children, learn and achieve so much in their early years. Another thing that brings me joy is seeing the world through the children’s eyes. Everything is amazing to them. When working with the children, everyday is different. The things they do and say can really brighten my day.

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Fox Cities Campus
1478 Midway Road
Menasha, WI 54952
(920) 832-2600