Students can select a major, minor or certificate in French, German, Japanese or Spanish and focus on the development of oral and written proficiency. Global languages and cross-cultural literacy are the perfect compliments to any degree program.
Students who took second language courses in high school may receive retroactive credits accelerating the path towards degree completion.
TOP REASONS TO STUDY GLOBAL LANGUAGES
- Enhanced cognitive and analytical abilities
- Improved ability to focus on concepts in a new way can give your brain a great workout
- Improved communication, listening, and memory skills
- Enriched self-confidence
- Enhanced creativity
- Meet specific industry needs
- Venture in overseas marketing/industry
- Engage in meaningful conversations
- Build lasting working relationships
- Increased opportunities for studying and working abroad
- Discover and experience like a local
- See and do what many visitors cannot
- Gain valuable communication skills
- Appreciate the traditions, religions, arts and history of the country
Global Languages and Cultures
Academic Department Associate
Spring 2021 Semester Virtual Office Hours
Monday-Thursday | 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Friday | 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m
Clow Faculty 317
Clow Classroom Building 250
Mon | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tues | 10:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
*Weds | 9:00 a.m. 11:15 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thurs | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*Fri | 9:00 a.m. 11:15 a.m. & 12:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*NB: The Center is closed from 11:15 - 12:00 Wednesdays and from 11:15 - 12:45 Fridays