Richard DCamp, Ph.D.
Media Center Contact (920) 424-4017
- Ph.D., University of Iowa; Germanic Languages & Culture, 18th & 19th Century German Literature, Opera and Lied, 1995.
- M.A., University of Iowa; Germanic Languages, Culture, and 19th Century German Drama, 1991.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Music, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Graphic Art, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Foreign Language, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Elementary & Secondary Education, 1981.
- 18th and 19th Century German Literature, Drama, and Culture
- Carl Orff
- German music
- German art
- Historical Linguistics (Latin, Old High German, Old English, Gothic, Middle High German, and Scandinavian Languages)
- Applied Linguistics & Second Language Instructional Technology
Teaching and Research Interests
- 18th & 19th Century German literature
- German music & art.
- Educational Methods, Applied Linguistics, and Second Language Instructional Technology
- 18th & 19th Century German & Austrian literature and drama
- Historic & Comparative Historic Linguistics
- Music & art history, Opera, and Lied
- 18th & 19th Century Imperial Austria and 20th-Century Austria
Bella gerant aliī, tū fēlix Austria nūbe
Nam quae Mars aliīs, dat tibi regna Venus
- Culture Connection (HNRS 275)
- Honors Seminar of Germanic Culture & Literature in Translation (GERM/HNRS 251)
- Introduction to German I & II (GERM 110 & 111)
- Intermediate Structures and Expression in German I & II (GERM 203 & 204)
- Intermediate Conversation I & II (GERM 207 & 208)
- Advanced Composition & Conversation II (GERM 304)
- Introduction to German Literature (GERM 308)
- Advanced German Grammar (GERM 312)
- History of the German Language (GERM 314)
- German Literature of the Late 18th and 19th-Century (GERM 318)
- German Literature from the Twentieth Century to the Present (GERM 321)
- German Civilization (GERM 330)
- Special Topics: Art & Music in the German-Speaking World (GERM 360)
- Special Topics: The History and Culture of Austria (GERM 360/361)
College of Education and Human Services
- Introduction to Educational Technology (ED 205)
- Foreign Language Teaching Methods (ED 302)
- Teaching Foreign Languages in the Elementary School (ED 330)
- Secondary Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language (ED 347)
- Introduction to Foreign Language Educational Technology (FL 535)
- Performing and listening to music, opera, theater, gardening, painting, calligraphy, and travel.