Each academic department has faculty members that advise students within their chosen academic field. If you are a student who has an assigned faculty advisor, plan to meet with them first before asking for assistance from the UARC.
- Career Services
- Earning retroactive credits
- International Studies Department – The program’s interdisciplinary nature allows the majors to match their educational goals with their career aspirations through the multiple options sponsored by the program, including the topical emphases, areas studies emphases, disciplinary emphases, and the Model United Nations organization.
- What can I do with a major in Global Language?
- Office of International Education – matches current UWO students with study abroad and National Student Exchange opportunities, advises international students on University and Intensive English Program admissions and immigration regulations, and supports UW Oshkosh faculty and academic staff in developing group programs abroad.
- Tutoring at the Center for Academic Resources (CAR)
- Undergraduate Advising and Resource Center (UARC) professional advisors serve as a resource to students, whether choosing a major, signing up for classes, reading a STAR (degree audit), and more.
- Undergraduate Bulletins
- Vista SuperSite Tech Assistance
Do you need technical support or assistance? Before you contact VHL tech support, first try to troubleshoot on your own. If you are not able to resolve your issues, then contact VHL support if needed. Remember—your Professor is not tech support!Click on this link to download the Student Guide. You may share this information with your classmates, so they have access to VHL support resources.
- Vista Higher Learning has exciting news to share just in time for the Spring semester! The VHL Student Store now accepts PayPal during checkout, in addition to major credit and debit cards. Now you have even more flexibility to buy your way! Please use this VHL Direct link specific to your UW Oshkosh course, where you access the UWO Online Bookstore. This way, you can be certain to purchase the correct access codes and/or course packages for students enrolled in Elementary and Intermediate French (French 110, 111, 203, and 204), Elementary and Intermediate German (German 110, 111, 203, and 204) and students enrolled in Elementary and Intermediate Spanish (Spanish 110, 111, 203, and 204). They are the publisher of the textbooks used in these courses. As a student, you may be able to purchase these textbooks directly from the publisher at a slightly reduced price. Buying online from the VHL/UWO Student Store offers students the following advantages:
- The VHL Webstore is open 24/7;
- No waiting for out of stock product;
- Students are buying course materials that are specific to their school and course;
- Savings up to 20% compared to bookstore prices;
- Immediate access to online content;
- Free Shipping.
Global Languages and Cultures
Academic Department Associate
Spring 2021 Semester Virtual Office Hours
Monday-Thursday | 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Friday | 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m
Clow Faculty 317
Clow Classroom Building 250
Mon | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tues | 10:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
*Weds | 9:00 a.m. 11:15 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thurs | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*Fri | 9:00 a.m. 11:15 a.m. & 12:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*NB: The Center is closed from 11:15 - 12:00 Wednesdays and from 11:15 - 12:45 Fridays