The Office of International Education matches current UWO students with study abroad and National Student Exchange opportunities and supports UW Oshkosh faculty and academic staff in the development of group programs abroad. UWO ranked No.19 among U.S. Master’s Colleges and Universities in the total number of students who studied abroad on short-term programs in 2015-2016.
Below are global language specific opportunities:
Students who are considering studying abroad are strongly encouraged to consult one of the professors in the German program as well as the Office of International Education.
- ActiLingua Academy (Vienna, Austria)
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program
- Educators Abroad Student Teaching (through COEHS)
- German Language Schools – Goethe Institutes
- Hessen International Summer Universities
- Hessen International Winter Universities
- International Undergraduate Study Program in Marburg (Aug-Dec/Feb-Jun)
- Wisconsin Hessen Exchange
LEARN MORE about the German study abroad opportunities.
Students who are considering studying in Japan are strongly encouraged to consult one of the professors in the Japanese program as well as the Office of International Education. | Read a story of a study-abroad returnee!
UW Oshkosh Official Partnership Programs
- Seijo University
- University of Nagasaki, Siebold Campus
- Nagasaki Junior College Study/Internship Program
Students who are considering studying abroad are strongly encouraged to consult one of the professors in the Spanish program as well as the Office of International Education.
Students in the College of Education and Human Services (COEHS) who plan to teach a foreign language after graduation need to meet the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) requirement. These students will have to spend at least a month studying in a Spanish speaking country in order to complete this requirement.
- Salamanca, Spain: Intensive Spanish
This bi-annual scholarship was established to provide financial support to students participating in the UW Oshkosh study abroad program offered through the Department of Global Languages and Cultures. Applicants must plan to participate in a study abroad program. Applicant must be enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. LEARN MORE