Global Scholar Council
The GS option crosses the curriculum of the entire university. It is administered by the Global Scholar Council, a broad support and advisory body that reports to the Provost.
The Council is not a governance body; rather it serves in a supportive and advisory role in the following ways:
- The Council provides peer pre‐review of GS course syllabi with regard to Global Scholar course criteria. Pre‐review will take place prior to the regular course approval process;
- provides assistance to CETL for Global curriculum faculty development, workshop preparation and Global Learning materials;
- works with UARC and the University Registrar to oversee the Global Scholar Option;
- makes recommendations to the appropriate governance units or departments related to Global Scholar (GS) matters;
- collaborates with the Office of International Education and the Division of Student Affairs to promote global learning activities for students on and off campus; and
- engages with the Provost’s office to assess global learning on campus.
Membership of the Council includes eleven faculty and staff representatives, and is comprised of one representative from each of the professional colleges, one from each of the four divisions of the College of Letters and Science and a representative from Foreign Languages, one from the Office of International Education, one from UARC, and the USP Director.
Current Council Members are:
- CON: Patricia Vander Loop
- COB: Sarinda Taengnoi Siemers
- COEHS: Donald Hones
- COLS – Math / Science: Linda Eroh
- COLS – Humanities: Michael Baltutis (Council Chair)
- COLS – FAPA: Dylan Chmura-Moore
- COLS – Social Sciences: Heike Alberts
- OIE: Jennifer Graff
- UARC: Britney Deruchowski
- USP: Gabriel Loiacono
- DFLL: David Gómez-Torres