UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies
800 Algoma Blvd.
Dempsey Hall, Room 345
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8621
Phone: (920) 424-1223
Fax: (920) 424-0247
7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
AAUW Graduate Scholarship for Women
Sponsored by The Oshkosh Branch, American Association of University Women*
The AAUW Graduate Scholarship for Women has been awarded annually to a UW Oshkosh female graduate student since 1966. Previous winners have represented graduate programs in every college at the university.
In 2020, the recipient will receive a $1000 cash award in the fall 2020 semester, and a one-year membership in AAUW at the time of her graduation. The award is not renewable.
If you are interested in being considered for the AAUW Graduate Scholarship for the academic year beginning in September 2020, please note the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled graduate student with 12 or more graduate credit hours completed in a graduate degree program at UW Oshkosh by June 2, 2020.
- Graduate GPA at UW Oshkosh of 3.5 or better; Undergraduate GPA 3.0 or better
- Financial need
- Record of leadership in student activities and/or community service
How to Apply
Application materials must include:
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- 2-page cover letter addressing educational and professional goals, leadership and service experience, and financial need
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (can be unofficial copies)
- 2 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a UW Oshkosh faculty/staff member, sent directly to scholarship chair
Evaluation of application will consider evidence of academic excellence and financial need; relevant work and volunteer experience; career motivation and commitment to service; and professional presentation of materials. Finalists will be invited to an interview on campus in after February 1, 2020.
The deadline for sending the application to the scholarship chair is 12:00 p.m., February 1, 2020.
Send materials via email to:
Peg Olson, Chair, AAUW Scholarship Committee
Peg Olson: email@example.com or (920) 235-8496.
* The Oshkosh Branch of AAUW is affiliated with the National American Association of University Women and the International Federation of University Women (IFUW). AAUW extends membership to any person with an AA or higher degree from an accredited college or university. The Oshkosh Branch, organized in 1914, is the fourth oldest in the State of Wisconsin. The AAUW and its Education Foundation are committed to furthering the advancement of women and to discharging the special responsibilities to society of those who have enjoyed the benefits of higher education. The national association works to improve education at all levels and provides numerous graduate fellowships for women annually. For more information, see the national website, www.aauw.org, or the branch website, http://oshkosh-wi.aauw.net/.