Professor Rowland’s research focuses on the nineteenth-century United States, especially the Civil War and Gilded Age. He has recently published a monograph, George B. McClellan and Civil War History: In the Shadow of Grant and Sherman (Kent State University Press, 1998); He has published articles in Civil War History, The Journal of American Ethnic History, Catholic Historical Review, and Eire-Ireland. In addition, he has a contract with the University of Missouri Press to write a military biography of Irvin McDowell.
- Summer/Fall 2023 Thomas J. Rowland African American History Grant
- UKRAINE: One Year of War Panel
- Holocaust Study Abroad: Czech Republic & Germany, May-term 2022
- UWO History department adds African American History Grant for 2022
- The Legacy of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg — Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 4:30 PM