1. Competitive Salary.
2. Tuition: Additional compensation includes taxable tuition stipend of up to 9 credits per semester (rate depends upon graduate tuition rates for the 2017-18 academic year which have not been determined). Additional graduate tuition dollars may be available for out-of-state tuition through the Midwest Higher Education Compact (MHEC) and other possible funds. Those who are hired for positions who are from a state that participates in the MHEC or Minnesota Reciprocity are expected to apply for those funds.
3. Eligible for excellent State of Wisconsin fringe benefits (health insurance, life insurance, retirement, etc.).
4. Furnished Apartment / Suite: ARHDs are furnished with either a furnished two room suite (with private bathroom) or an apartment depending upon the building in which they are assigned. Suites and apartments include access to free cable (High Definition channels and HBO) and internet. Domestic partners, spouses and children may reside in the suite / apartment under the Apartment Residency Agreement.
5. Meals: ARHDs are provided with a complete meal plan. They may choose from four different meal plans which allows for flexibility. A meal plan is also provided for spouses, domestic partners and children residing in the apartment/suite.
6. Parking: Professional staff members have a reserved parking space near their building. The Department of Residence Life covers the cost of the one parking permit. Professional staff members can purchase additional parking permits for their spouse of domestic partner, which are also reserved near the building.
7. Conference / Professional Development: The Department of Residence Life provides $800 per academic year for each ARHD to use for their own professional development. If an ARHD is involved in a professional organization (WCPA, UMR-ACUHO, ACUHO-I, ACPA, etc.) the department may provide some additional support for these endeavors on a case-by-case basis.
8. Office / Technology: Each ARHD is provided with an office in their respective residence hall, including an iMac that is IBM compatible, a networked printer, access to a public server to locate and utilize department forms and documents, and an e-mail account and voicemail. Each ARHD is also issued an iPad for professional use.
9. Student Recreation and Wellness Center: As a graduate student, ARHDs have full access to the beautiful and well-equipped Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC) at no additional cost to them (beyond regular student fees).
10. Moving Expenses: The Department of Residence Life will pay up to $250 toward moving expenses.
Please note: We do not have a pet policy for ARHDs. We do not allow pets (except fish) in ARHD apartments / suites.