Health Advocate Position Description
A peer health educator that
- Educates residents on health, wellness, and self-care topics
- Refers students to on- and off-campus health and wellness resources
- In partnership with Health Promotions staff, provides residents access to some first aid supplies, over-the-counter medicines, and sexual health resources.
- Educate residence hall community on healthy behaviors.
- Provide basic health care supplies [first aid supplies and over-the-counter medication] to students in the residence halls.
- Provide referrals to students in the residence halls who need further resources.
- Serve as part of a residence hall staff team to address community concerns.
- Address health and wellness related topics for diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Work collaboratively with residence hall staff in providing direction and assistance to students for living a healthy lifestyle within a residential community.
- Serve as an effective role model for living a healthy lifestyle.
- Refer students to appropriate campus/community health resources.
- Document, track, and report all encounters.