Student Mechanical Shop
This job requires some lifting over 50 lbs., stooping, bending and climbing ladders on a daily basis.
Workers must have mechanical ability to use hand tools and battery operated power tools, with knowledge to use portable air compressors.
They will need to work in sometimes dirty and dusty conditions, and in some areas that will not be air conditioned.
Work hours are from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. Workers are expected to be on time and flexible in their job duties.
Each student will be required to wear steel toed shoes daily, safety glasses and dust masks when appropriate.
1. Assist electricians with fire alarm testing throughout campus.
2. Change air filters in campus air handling equipment.
3. Clean and blow out campus residence hall heating and cooling units.
4. Minor cleaning and painting of campus mechanical equipment and mechanical rooms
5. Assist all campus maintenance personnel with miscellaneous jobs when needed.
6. Other duties as assigned.
The student will be provided with safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection and dust masks along with three shirts identifying them as Student Facilities Crew.
Starting wage is $8.00/hour depending on experience.
Position Currently Unavailable