Marketing and Social Media Specialist
- Management of Residence Life social media presence
- Development and execution of ResLife Rundown, a weekly short video series
- Serve as copy editor for all Residence Life/Artist Office publications and advertisements ensuring compliance with predetermined standards of style and brand
- Perform other writing and promotion duties for projects as assigned by the Artist Office supervisors
- Complete writing and editing of publicity materials for assigned projects including publications, other print pieces, special and promotional events, support materials, Web communication and advertising
- Coordinate two social media driven contests – Desk the Doors (fall semester) and Coolest Cribs (spring semester)
- Collaborate regularly with other Artist Office staff and Residence Life Central Staff
- In addition to writing and copy editing responsibilities, you will be responsible for account management, content and planning and research of best practices higher education social media. Experience with or awareness of new media is desirable.
- The position requires strong familiarity with platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Flickr, and Snapchat.
- The ideal candidate will have major or background in journalism, English, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, RTF or related field.
- This position requires the ability to work with limited supervision, proven writing and editing experiences and familiarity with theMacintosh platform and OS X. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable.
- Must have a minimum of 15 hours a week scheduled, with a maximum of 20.
- Hours must be a set schedule with in the following guidelines:
- Monday through Thursday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Friday 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM
- For at least an hour and a half.
- Four days a week.
- Be willing to have a mix of morning, afternoon and/or evening hours if coverage is needed.
- Be available to work Labor Day weekend for move in.
- The position requires a full year commitment, including summer and academic break periods as full time.