Conference Preparations and Maintenance Crew Member
The primary function of the Conference Preparations/maintenance crew is to prepare meeting rooms to the specification of the Conference Center guests and to perform simple maintenance tasks such as painting, screen repair, carpeting, etc. The job requires a lot of lifting and moving of furniture and equipment. The crew member should be able to lift 50 lbs and not have any back problems. A crew member must be able to work on his/her own. Most of the work is done Monday through Friday but there may be occasions when weekend work is required. The Conference Center business often increases when school is not in session so availability over breaks is a must. There is potential for year-round work. Work hours are flexible to work around school schedule. 15 – 20 hours per week, on average.
A minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 must be maintained while employed.
$7.25 per hour
Reports to the Conference Preparations/Maintenance Crew Supervisor.
- Acts on behalf of Conference Preparations/Maintenance Crew Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Arranges conference rooms for meetings as determined by Conference Preparations Supervisor.
- Cleans all furniture and Audio/Visual Equipment for a conference prior to arrival.
- Ensures that conference room is clean, neat, and very presentable, including cleaning of chalkboards.
- Performs pre and post maintenance checks on lodging and conference rooms.
- Paints, carpets, performs minor repairs and other tasks as assigned.
- Ensures that all Audio/Visual equipment is in proper working order.
- Picks up and returns Audio/Visual equipment from Resource Centers.
- Picks ups and returns borrowed equipment from other departments including food service, athletics, facilities management, etc…
- Serves as a runner during large group conferences including EAA and Oshkosh Placement Exchange.
- Maintains the attitude that quality customer service is the priority of the Conference Center and upholds the mission statement of the Conference Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Conference Preparations/Maintenance Crew Supervisor.