Scott Hall Office Student Assistant
The Scott Hall Office Student Assistant reports directly to the South and North Scott Residence Hall Directors (RHDs).
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain strict confidentiality between residents, staff, and A/RHDs. This includes information available through calendars, email, incident reports, verbal comments, etc.
- Create and sustain a professional, friendly, and helpful office atmosphere.
- Greet residents and guests of Scott Hall, along with assisting and directing them as needed.
- Schedule appointments for A/RHDs.
- Answer the telephone, transfer to voice mail, and take messages for A/RHD staff.
- Order office supplies through central stores and department of residence life purchasing assistant.
- Distribute and post approved posters. Approve posters originating in Scott Hall.
- Monitor and distribute supplies to staff upon request.
- Complete morning mail run to residence life on a daily basis.
- Complete hall work orders and monitor progress.
- Monitor & record confiscated items, hall events and programs, and common area damages.
- Make photocopies, shred, and file for A/RHDs.
- Assist with room move/consolidation paperwork, as needed.
- Complete special projects or duties for A/RHDs and Residence Life, as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to take initiative on projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Reliable, punctual, and organized
- Must be meticulous, accurate, and ethical
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and not be on Residence Hall probation
- Complete a successful background check
Starting pay rate is: $7.25 per hour.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am – noon and 1pm – 4:30pm
*Screening of Applicants and interviews will continue until the position has been filled.