Current Residence Hall Students: Suite sign up
* Current residence hall students may sign up for Horizon Village while on Disciplinary Probation if the Disciplinary Probation will end by Labor Day. Residents may not reside in Horizon Village while on Disciplinary Probation.
* To be eligible to live in Horizon each person must be part of a group of four students. A complete roommate group is required to be considered for Horizon Village.
* Current residence hall students can invite transfer students or UWO students to live with them. They must complete the housing application and pay the $150 housing deposit.
* Non residence hall students and transfer students will need to call the Residence Life office prior to the end of the application period and ask to be added to the roommate group. They must know the group name and password to be added to the group.
* Transfer students MUST be accepted to UWO, paid the $100 enrollment fee, and completed the housing application (including the $150 housing deposit). No exceptions will be made to this policy.
* Once a suite is chosen, the resident cannot cancel or ask to move to another residence hall. Students residing in Horizon Village are only released from the housing contract when withdrawing from UWO.
Sign up options
Current residence hall students have two ways to sign up for Horizon Village.
1) If a current student knows a current Horizon resident they can have the Horizon resident be the group leader and form the roommate group. The group leader would give the group name and password to the current resident for them to add themselves to the group.
2) The current resident could form a roommate group of four. One person would be chosen as the group leader. The group leader would complete the housing application and form the roommate group, which requires choosing a group name and password within the housing application. The group leader would then give the group name and password to the other three members of the group. This would allow them to add themselves to the group.
Current residents in Horizon Village will have first pick of suites. In order to be considered a current resident of Horizon Village group, a current Horizon Village resident must be group leader. Once current Horizon residents have chosen, the remaining unoccupied suites will be awarded to the roommate groups that were formed. Due to the popularity of Horizon, we will rank order the roommate groups based on the following criteria.
1) An average number of semesters lived on campus at UW Oshkosh for the group of four will be calculated. The roommate groups will be ranked ordered based on calculation. If a large number of groups have the same average, we will put all the groups into a hat and draw out the groups randomly to rank order.
2) We will look up each individual in the group to determine if they are on Disciplinary Probation. If any individual within the group is on probation and the probation will not end by Labor Day, the group will be removed from the list and placed on a secondary list. The secondary list will not be used unless we exhaust the first list. Students may sign up for Horizon Village while on Disciplinary Probation if the Disciplinary Probation will end by Labor Day.
We have created two videos to help outline how to form a group and how to add yourself to a group. Links to the videos are below.
Creating a group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIvgGdsekbQ
Adding yourself to a group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-HfxvZUdQ
The timeline for the Horizon Village sign up process can be found at uwosh.edu/housing/go/hvz-signup