Returning Student Single Room Lottery
Single Room Lottery Timeline
- Monday, February 24 at 9:00am: Single Room Lottery page opens to current residents to sign up for the single room lottery. Go to my.housing.uwosh.edu to sign up for the lottery. Students with already complete applications only need to indicate their preference for a Single Room on the Single Room Lottery page and click “Save & Continue” to confirm.
- Friday, February 28 at 4:30pm: Single Room Lottery page closes. Note: Students wishing to be considered for the Single Room Lottery must have a complete housing application by the Single Room Lottery deadline.
- Thursday, March 5: Notification goes out to students who receive a single room for next year. Notification will be sent to your UWO e-mail account. Students not receiving a single room will be notified as well.
Applying for the lottery is not associated with choosing a specific room (meaning you will still need to pick a room whether you receive a single or not.)
General Single Room Lottery Information
- Each and every resident desiring a single room must apply for the single room lottery. This includes anyone currently in a single room, regardless of how obtained.
- If you require a single for medical reasons you MUST submit the appropriate documentation to the Accessibility Center/Dean of Students office.
|NOTE: You are still encouraged to apply for the single room lottery.|
- If you have a single room as a documented housing accommodation or recommended room assignment through Accessibility Services and will return to campus next year, you must complete the Single Room Lottery page indicating your interest in a Single Room.
Single Room Distribution
A limited number of single rooms will be allotted for the upcoming school term. There will not be a predetermined number of men’ s or women’s singles. Only those individuals who successfully participated in the Single Room Lottery will be eligible to be granted a single room.
NOTE: Time of Housing Application completion and/or time of Single Room Lottery completion does NOT impact the awarding of Single Rooms.
Anyone required to live on campus who has received a single room as a documented housing accommodation or as a recommended room assignment through Accessibility Center/Dean of Students office will be granted a single. These will then be subtracted from the total number of singles available.
If space permits, the remaining applications will form the single room waiting list.