Returning Student Single Room Lottery
Single Room Lottery Timeline
- Monday, February 25 at 12:00pm: Single Room Lottery page opens to current residents to sign up for the single room lottery. Go to my.housing.uwosh.edu to sign up for the lottery. Students with already complete applications only need to indicate their preference for a Single Room on the Single Room Lottery page and click “Save & Continue” to confirm.
- Friday, March 1 at 4:30pm: Single Room Lottery page closes. Note: Students wishing to be considered for the Single Room Lottery must have a complete housing application by the Single Room Lottery deadline.
- Wednesday, March 6: Notification goes out to students who receive a single room for next year. Notification will be sent to your UWO e-mail account. Students not receiving a single room will be notified as well.
Applying for the lottery is not associated with choosing a specific room (meaning you will still need to pick a room whether you receive a single or not.)
General Single Room Lottery Information
- Each and every resident desiring a single room must apply for the single room lottery. This includes anyone currently in a single room, regardless of how obtained.
|NOTE: Students currently in single rooms through the Accessibility Center/Dean of Students office will receive communication to their UW Oshkosh email account with detailed instructions regarding the Room Sign-Up process by Friday, February 22.|
- If you require a single for medical reasons you MUST submit the appropriate documentation to the Accessibility Center/Dean of Students office.
|NOTE: You are still encouraged to apply for the single room lottery.|
- If you have a single room as a documented housing accommodation or recommended room assignment through Accessibility Services and will return to campus next year, you must complete the Single Room Lottery page indicating your interest in a Single Room.
Single Room Distribution
A limited number of single rooms will be allotted for the upcoming school term. There will not be a predetermined number of men’ s or women’s singles. Only those individuals who successfully participated in the Single Room Lottery will be eligible to be granted a single room.
NOTE: Time of Housing Application completion and/or time of Single Room Lottery completion does NOT impact the awarding of Single Rooms.
A. Anyone required to live on campus who has received a single room as a documented housing accommodation or as a recommended room assignment through Accessibility Center/Dean of Students office will be granted a single. These will then be subtracted from the total number of singles available.
B. Anyone 25 years of age or older as of January 30, 2019, who applies for a single by March 1st at 4:30pm via the on-line housing application will be granted a single. These will then be subtracted from the total number of singles available.
C. The remaining available number of single rooms will be assigned, through random selection:
1. 50% will be awarded to those students having earned a current total of 75 or more credits, including graduate students.
2. 35% will be awarded to those students having earned a current total of 45 or more credits plus those remaining from group #1 who did not receive a single room in the first selection.
3. 15% will be awarded to all other students who have applied and those remaining from groups #1 and #2 who did not receive a single room through the first two selections.
If space permits, the remaining applications will form the single room waiting list.