Rights and Responsibilities Handbook
To support the university’s efforts in sustainability, limited hard copies of this handbook are available in the Department of Residence Life and through your Residence Hall Director.
You can download the handbook in it’s entirety below in a .pdf format. If you do not an Acrobat Reader, you can download one from the Adobe website
We understand the language used in the smudging policy does not align with today’s cultural standards. We are in the process of updating the statement to align with the cultural traditions of smudging and the UWO’s facilities restrictions. In the meantime, if you wish to engage in smudging inside your residence hall, please contact your Residence Hall Director.
CRRH COVID Addendum
We care about the health and well-being of our students and staff and have developed the following policies to promote practices in the residential environment that are consistent with CDC guidelines for risk reduction related to COVID-19. These policies are specific to academic year 2020-2021 in response to the pandemic and should be reviewed along with our existing Community Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
Fully Vaccinated people (two weeks post-second shot or two weeks post the J&J shot)
- May choose to wear face coverings but are not required to wear them indoors or outdoors.
- May choose to practice social distancing but are not required to.
- Guest policy returns to “normal” as per the Community Rights and Responsibilities Handbook
- Do not need to continue testing unless symptoms develop.
- Should fill out the vaccination report form.
**You may choose to continue to wear a mask and practice physical distancing even if you are vaccinated. We know masks are one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of viruses and wearing a mask is not necessarily an indication of vaccine status. We ask you to be respectful of individual choices and not make assumptions.
- Must wear a mask indoors, and outdoors where physical distancing is not possible.
- Must continue to socially distance.
- Should continue COVID-19 testing once per week for students in campus housing.
- Should continue COVID-19 testing biweekly for off-campus students and staff.
All staff, and students:
- Do not go to class if you are ill.
- Get tested if you experience COVID-19 symptoms, even if you have been vaccinated.
- Report a positive COVID-19 test.
- Follow your medical provider and public health department instructions on isolation and quarantine protocols.