Select Page


Katelyn Fenrich

Academic Staff Payroll & Leave

Our monthly payroll employees consist of Academic Staff (instructional and non-instructional), Faculty, Limited Appointees, and Graduate Assistants. To read more about each type of employee, visit our Current Employees page! 

Absence Reporting

Every Academic Staff member (instructional & non-instructional) in a leave-eligible position is responsible for submitting a leave report using MyUWSystem (Employee Self-Service), regardless if any leave time has been used. Leave must be tracked in full day or half day increments if you are a full-time, Academic Staff member.

Absences should be entered base on actual usage. The system will automatically round appropriately based on FTE status. 

How-To Guides


Please see the UW System Payroll website for further details regarding your monthly deductions. Those paid on an annual (12 month) basis who are enrolled in any combination of benefit programs, will pay one premium per month out of their monthly paycheck. Benefit premiums are deducted 12 times per year. Those paid on an academic year (9 month) calendar basis will pay one premium per month during the academic year and will prepay the premiums for coverage during the summer:

    • Each benefit will have a prepay premium taken on the April 1, May 1, and June 1 pay dates
    • Parking fees, Employee Reimbursement Account (Flex Spending), Tax-Sheltered Annuity (TSA), and Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) will not be included in prepaid deductions

    Also, there are two deductions taken only once per year:

      Tax Information

      The University deducts the required federal and state taxes from an employee’s earnings:

      All employees should complete a W-4 tax withholding election. For tax filing information (including international), refer to the Service Center’s Tax Filing Resource Page. Refer to the UW System Tax Filing Resource page for more information. 

      If an employee needs to request a duplicate W2, please complete the Duplicate W-2 Request form.

      Employees Exempt from Taxes
      A UW student employee is exempt from Social Security and Medicare taxes if enrolled and attending classes as a graduate or undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin on at least a half-time basis. Half-time status is defined by each institution and is determined at the end of the add/drop period each semester. See Student FICA Exemptions (UWSA Policy 206) for specific rules.

      International Tax Information
      International employees who are not citizens of the United States and have not obtained permanent resident status are categorized as non-resident aliens or resident aliens for tax purposes based upon several factors including the amount of time they have spent in the United States. International employees are required to create and maintain an account with Glacier International in order to determine their appropriate tax withholding status (substantial presence test) as well as their eligibility for any applicable tax treaties. Information about Glacier will be sent to employees at their UW Oshkosh email address when they begin employment.

        Phone:  (920) 424-1166

        Fax: (920) 424- 2021


      Monday - Friday 7:45AM - 4:30PM

        Dempsey Hall 328
      800 Algoma Blvd. 
      Oshkosh, WI 54901