Select Page


Primary UW Shared Services Contact:
Amy Bobylak

Backup Campus Contact:
Katelyn Fenrich

Faculty Payroll & Leave

Faculty members are paid on a monthly basis for nine months out of the year between September and May. Our monthly payroll employees consist of Academic Staff (instructional and non-instructional), Faculty, Limited Appointees, and Graduate Assistants. To read about each type of employee, visit our Current Employees page! 

Sick Leave

To review information on our Sick Leave Policy, click here.

Have additional questions? Find some answers here (Sick Leave FAQ).

Every faculty member who is in a sick leave-eligible position is responsible for submitting a leave report using MyUWSystem (Employee Self-Service), regardless if any leave time has been used. Leave must be tracked in full day or half day increments if you are a full-time, faculty member.

For your convenience, an absence request guide is provided here: Absence Request Guide
Summer Leave Reporting guide (for 9-month employees with summer service/session contracts only)


Please see the UW System Payroll website for further details regarding your monthly deductions.

Faculty members paid on an academic year (9 month) calendar basis will pay one premium per month during the academic year and will prepay the premiums for coverage during the summer:

  • Each benefit will have a prepay premium taken on the April 1, May 1, and June 1 pay dates
  • Parking fees, Employee Reimbursement Account (Flex Spending), Tax-Sheltered Annuity (TSA), and Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) will not be included in prepaid deductions.
  • University Insurance Association (UIA): deducted from the November 1st paycheck (eligible employees are automatically enrolled in UIA)
Tax Information

The University deducts the required federal and state taxes from an employee’s earnings:

All employees should complete a W-4 tax withholding election. For tax filing information (including international), refer to the Service Center’s Tax Filing Resource Page. Refer to the UW System Tax Filing Resource page for more information.

If an employee needs to request a duplicate W2, please complete the Duplicate W-2 Request form.

Employees Exempt from Taxes

A UW student employee is exempt from Social Security and Medicare taxes if enrolled and attending classes as a graduate or undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin on at least a half-time basis. Half-time status is defined by each institution and is determined at the end of the add/drop period each semester. See Student FICA Exemptions (UWSA Policy 206) for specific rules.

International Tax Information

International employees who are not citizens of the United States and have not obtained permanent resident status are categorized as non-resident aliens or resident aliens for tax purposes based upon several factors including the amount of time they have spent in the United States. International employees are required to create and maintain an account with Glacier International in order to determine their appropriate tax withholding status (substantial presence test) as well as their eligibility for any applicable tax treaties. Information about Glacier will be sent to employees at their UW Oshkosh email address when they begin employment.

Essential Forms
  • Direct Deposit Form
  • Tax Withholding Forms:
    • Federal W-4
    • Wisconsin State WT-4
    • W4 – Supplemental – This form only needs to be completed if you want to claim Wisconsin Nonresident Reciprocity or are an International Visitor. If you are a resident of CA, IL, or MN, you may also complete your states W4 and return it to us for your state tax to be withheld. International visitors will also be required to provide immigration information into your UW Issued Glacier tax account which should arrive via email within two weeks of your start date. Please see the W4 Supplemental Form for more details.

  Phone:  (920) 424-1166

  Fax: (920) 424- 2021


Monday - Friday 7:45AM - 4:30PM

  Dempsey Hall 328
800 Algoma Blvd. 
Oshkosh, WI 54901