If you will be leaving the University for one reason or another, you have come to the right place! We are sad to see you go, but would like to assist in making this transition as seamless as possible for you. Refer to the information throughout this page to make sure you are preparing for departure appropriately and closing all loose ends. Supervisors should also review the information on this page in order to prepare for an absence on their team.
For information regarding your benefits, please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/life-events/empcha/
Click Here for the Separation Checklist
Submit Your Paperwork
In the event of an employee departing from the University, the following tasks need to be completed:
- The first step in the process is to submit your official resignation letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. For guidance, click here for an example resignation letter template. The HR Office will then process the close out of your file.
- If you are transferring to another state agency, please indicate which agency and provide contact information for that agency. Please send a copy to your supervisor and to Human Resources right away.
- Supervisors are responsible for completing a Personnel Transaction Form immediately, noting the details of the departure and submit this to the HR Office in Dempsey, room 328.
Complete An Exit Interview
The University strives to become a better workplace for all employees. In order to make necessary improvements and monitor departmental climates, we ask that you complete an exit interview.
- Click here to complete the online exit interview questionnaire. The information gathered in this questionnaire will be reviewed promptly and acted upon at the discretion of the Human Resources Director. Those who complete this questionnaire will be kept anonymous unless there are severe concerns with the feedback given.
- If you are interested in discussing your exit interview questionnaire with an HR colleague, please feel free to schedule an appointment with Shawna Kuether by calling 920-424-1166.
Discontinue Your Technology and all Accounts
All employees must deactivate their Net ID upon separation. Contact IT to create a ticket with the date of separation for deactivation at 920-424-3020, in Dempsey, room 207, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applicable, make sure to disconnect the following accounts:
Prior to your departure, please return the following property to the respective owners:
- Purchasing Card and/or Corporate Card: Contact Finance and Administration at 920-424-3030, or in Dempsey, room 236.