Reimbursement for Seminar Expenses
Postdoctoral Seminar Presenters
The Women and Science Program will provide reimbursement from the NSF ADVANCE grant for the following travel expenses:
UW System Travel Regulations apply to all Postdoctoral Seminar Travel.
- All reimbursements will be made through the UW System Travel WIse E-Reimbursement portal. All UW System Travel regulations apply. Booking through hotels.com and other third party sites is against policy. Taxes will not be refunded.
- Meals and travel reimbursement for participants are covered by the Women and Science Program in compliance with state regulations. Calculate your maximum meal and lodging reimbursement using the TravelWise Rate Calculator.
- All hotel reservations, car rentals, bus or airfare can be booked on-line through the UW TravelWise Portal. Postdocs will need a Net ID and password to login to TravelWise and see discount codes. If you need any assistance making your travel arrangements please contact Amy Hardy (920) 424-7414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, please submit your mileage with your meal reimbursement information on your E-Reimbursement form. Personal vehicle mileage is reimbursed at the current state rate.
- If using a rental car, UW System requires driver’s to complete the “Driver Authorization Process” to qualify for reimbursement. UW System will not reimburse for the “Fuel Purchase Option” from the rental agency. You must re-fuel the vehicle at a gas station and submit your gas receipt with your E-Reimbursement.
- If you are traveling from Madison and do not have a personal vehicle you may apply to use a fleet vehicle. Please see UW Madison’s webpage for more information.
The Women and Science Program will provide reimbursement for the following expenses:
- Personal vehicle mileage to transport seminar presenter (to and from airport or bus station, to and from hotel, out for a meal)
- One of the following meal options at “Sponsored Event” rates (Lunch = $18, Dinner= $30). An Agenda and list of attendees must be included with the hosting faculty/staff E-Reimbursement.
Lunch for two faculty hosts with the seminar presenter
Dinner for one faculty host with seminar presenter
Up to $75 for a “meet and greet” pizza party (or other campus approved vendor) for students, faculty and seminar presenter. You will be required to submit a sign in sheet for attendees, which includes their name and if they are a student/faculty/staff, along with your meal receipts for reimbursement.
- All reimbursements will be made through the UW System Travel WIse E-Reimbursement portal. Please contact Amy Hardy (email@example.com) for more information on how to send your on-line TER to our accounting office.
UW System Alliance for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advancement in STEM
UW Oshkosh Campus
Halsey Science Center, Room 121
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the IDEAS Alliance is accepting visitors by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to schedule an appointment.