For information and data security Information Technology discourages, and may not be able to support, locally stored data. Shared folders and files are available through campus as well as third-party applications: Google Drive and OneDrive.
Employees (all drives), Students (only Google and OneDrive)
Contact the Help Desk at (920) 424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request S: drive access or to report issues with Google Drive or OneDrive.
Benefits and Key Features
- U: Drive includes 2GB (can be upgraded to 5GB with supervisor approval) of secure storage to save work related files backed-up nightly
- U: Drive is user specific storage not shared with others
- S: Drive is secure storage, housed locally, backed up nightly for sharing departmental files
- Google Drive is perfect for quick and easy collaboration available across platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- OneDrive is perfect for sharing MS supported software files and collaboration
- OneDrive is recommended for high-risk data such as FERPA, HIPPA, or grant-supported research materials as storage is guaranteed to be in the continental United States.
Shared folders (more colloquially known as S: Drive or Shared Drive) require resource owner approval. For access to Google Drive and OneDrive a valid NetID is required. For login instructions refer to the Helpful Links section.
Google Drive Training – KnowledgeBase
Setting Up and Managing a Google Team Drive – KnowledgeBase
Logging in to OneDrive Web – KnowledgeBase
Requesting Access to a Shared Folder (S: Drive) – KnowledgeBase
Troubleshooting Connectivity to the S: and U: Drive – KnowledgeBase