Software Quote and Review
Information Technology provides consultation and assistance for purchase of desktop-based software. Hosted or server-based software should be processed as a Project Request.
In a joint effort with campus Purchasing, Information Technology reviews new software and renewal requests in regards to data security, infrastructure integration(s) and overall IT impact in alignment with the State of Wisconsin purchasing guidelines.
Contact the Help Desk at (920) 424-3020 or email@example.com with the software quote request. Please include a brief summary of how this software will be used in the department and where the software will need to be installed. If this is a renewal, please provide background information and include any supporting documentation from previous purchases.
Benefits and Key Features
- Verification there is no current campus site license (which could save you purchase cost)
- Early notification speeds up configuration of software updates via campus software centers
- Ensures Information Technology’s awareness of the software and the ability to support the software
- Ensures new software and renewals are in alignment with UWSA security policies and campus standards
- Ensures new software and renewals are in alignment with State of Wisconsin procurement rules and have the proper procurement authority
All technology quotes must be provided by IT to meet campus and UW System standards. This ensures the correct vendors are utilized and the proper warranty and maintenance coverage is applied. Supervisor or department chair approval may be required. In the event the software or software renewal is not available by appropriate vendors, the department will be required to further work with Information Technology, in addition to the Purchasing Office, to procure the software or software renewal.
There is no cost associated with obtaining a quote or participating in the software review process. Once the software review is complete and approval has been given by both Information Technology and the Purchasing Office, it is the responsibility of the department to place the order in alignment with campus procurement procedures.
Campus Standard Software (Windows) – KnowledgeBase
Campus Standard Software (Mac)– KnowledgeBase
Managed Software Center – MSC (Mac) – KnowledgeBase
Software Center – SCCM (Windows) – KnowledgeBase