Project Planning Team
Executive Sponsor: John Koker, Interim Provost
Project Sponsor: Anne Milkovich, CIO
Project Manager: Laura Knaapen, Director of IT User Services
Sarah Bradway, Instructional Designer
Jennifer Hendryx, Instructional Designer
Jordan Landry, CETL Director
Brian Ledwell, Instructional Technology Specialist
- All Summer 2019 courses are running in Canvas.
- 4-week summer courses are just concluding.
- Grade passback is working.
Canvas – Digital Learning Environment (DLE)
The UW System contract with Desire2Learn (D2L) is currently set to expire June 30, 2020. The Requests For Proposals (RFP) process ended recently with award of the contract to Instructure for their Canvas product. UW System has already begun organizing projects on each campus to plan for the transition from D2L to Canvas. D2L will remain as the Digital Learning Management or Learning Management System for our campus through Spring 2019. Beginning Summer 2019 Canvas will be the only DLE available, D2L will not be accessible.
Canvas, our new Digital Learning Environment, will have both Fixed and Flexible components. While Canvas is a common system managed by UW System through the Learn@UW Utility, all campuses will be involved in determining how Canvas is configured: roles, integrations, which components are fixed or flexible. The Fixed items are to ensure a consistent student experience. The Flexible items will allow instructors to use what fits best with their subjects and ways of teaching. The configuration of Canvas is now complete. Instructors need to review their Summer and Fall 2019 courses and begin migrating content or recreating their courses in Canvas.
- Minimize the disruption for students and instructors.
- Provide a consistent student experience across all UW System campuses.
- Use only one DLE/LMS for all students on the UW Oshkosh campus.
- All Oshkosh campus Summer 2019 courses are running in Canvas.
- Fall instructors are being contacted about training and preparation.
- Grade Passback is now working.
- PS integration for event update – near-real-time updates.
- Continue training and open labs to help instructors prepare for Fall 2019.
- All UW Oshkosh courses from all three campuses will be on Canvas for Fall 2019.