Project Planning Team
Executive Sponsor: Andrew Leavitt
Project Manager: Mark Clements
- Beta test Campus IT – Successfully completed
- Deadline for campus faculty, staff and student employees 5/1/2020
Multi-Factor Authentication Project (Duo)
Full adoption of Duo-MFA by May 1, 2020 for faculty, staff and student employees
UW Oshkosh is taking on this project as part of our Information Security efforts in coordination with UW System’s Information Security policies. All systems that contain highly sensitive information as defined in UWSA 1031 Information Security: Data Classification and Protection will be protected with Duo.
Multi Factor authentication adds an additional layer of security to your account by adding “something you have” to authenticate you in addition to your username and password. The multi-factor resource UW Oshkosh and most of UW System have contracted with is called Duo.
No matter what multi-factor device you use, it should be treated as part of your password. The device should be handled securely and not shared with others.
- Completed enrollment and testing of Duo for IT staff
- Scheduled enrollment sessions
- User knowledgebase documentation created
- Enroll campus faculty, staff, student employees
- Full adoption of Duo-MFA by May 1, 2020