How to Access Technology Support
The Help Desk is always your first, best place to contact to access technical support.
Call from On-Campus: 3020
Call from Off-Campus: 920-424-3020
Primary Location: Dempsey 207
Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday
Additional Locations: Clow C010, Halsey 259a
Hours during each 14-week semester: 7:30am to 9:00pm Monday-Thursday, 7:30am to 4:30pm Friday
Assistance can also be found at the general access computer labs: Clow C014, Halsey 101, Sage 1208, Swart 229
The KnowledgeBase works much like Google and other search engines. Just type your question and we’ll find the best fit. You can also filter by standard topics or audiences. There are over 800 articles covering support of all aspects of campus technology.
The IT website provides information on classrooms, computer labs, projects, and quick access to self-service options.
Major project updates are provided monthly. The entire campus project portfolio is also available, so you can see what we’re working on. Maybe it’s what you need.
Internal App Help
- Canvas support is available from within the app, 24 x 7, 365
- You can chat, email, or call
- You may also find solutions at kb.uwosh.edu, the campus KnowledgeBase
- Urgent problems, call 424-3020
- Less urgent, email email@example.com
- A ticket will be created, you’ll receive an automated email and a Canvas admin will be contacted
- For questions on how to best use a tool in your course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training course information can be found on the CETL website
The IT Service Catalog lists all services offered on campus and how to access them.
Popular and New services are listed for easy access. You can search through all the services
A-Z or search by nine categories:
Technology Support (Hardware)
You can also access the Campus Service Agreement.
File Storage Options
From most secure to least
• Share on and off campus
• Sensitive information is ok
U: and S:
• Personal and Department server folders
• Share with campus colleagues
• Not for sensitive information
C: and USB
• Not recommended since no back up and lower security
Video Conference Options
• Easy to setup and use
• Open to all UW System users
• Difficult to schedule for UW Oshkosh right now
• Used by access campuses
• Best for on-campus (video)chats