Service Desk Software
UW Colleges / UW Shared Services did an RFP to replace their Footprints ticketing system and selected Alemba as their IT Service Management (ITSM) tool. The terms and conditions of the contract are being finalized, but once the contract is complete, we will begin the purchasing process to implement the tool along with UWSA and Shared Services to reduce implementation costs and take advantage of training opportunities.
What is Alemba?
Alemba is a new IT Help Desk ticketing system to replace Footprints.
The current plan is to kick off the implementation in October 2020 and complete the transition to Alemba IT Service Management (ITSM) by June 30, 2021.
Last Update: November 3, 2020
- (Service Catalog)
UW Oshkosh Information Technology is working on transitioning existing IT services into a new organization structure based on Educause and ITIL recommendations. We will then be reaching out to determine if there need to be other services added or existing services removed.
- (Alemba UW System Core Team)
There are no Core Team updates. There have been no Core Team meetings. The only update we’ve received is that it was decided we would start with 30 concurrent licenses to use.
UW System Core Team Schedule:
- Identify core team with representatives from each institution or department interested in the project and formally kick-off the project
- Success Criteria: Complete by October 15, 2020
- ITSM and Process Improvement training opportunity for core team
- Success Criteria: Complete by November 30, 2020
- Facilitated global configuration workshops with vendor
- Success Criteria: Completed by December 31, 2020
- Finalize global configuration and identify process gaps at institutions/departments
- Success Criteria: Governance process used to finalize decisions
- Facilitated process and configuration gap sessions with each institution/department
- Success Criteria: Plan for sessions identified with completion dates scheduled before the deployment date for the institution/department
- Create deployment plan to include training, documentation, configuration, testing and migration based on institution/department priority need
- Success Criteria: Deployment plan complete by November 30, 2020
- Institution deployments with institutions deployment modules in phased approach
- Success Criteria: January – June 30, 2021 per deployment plan